Pile up the pancakes, grab some spoons and tuck in. This delicious stack is perfect for your Pancake Day feast!
FEEDS 6 – READY IN 45 MINS – ENERGY 1184 KJ / 281 KCAL
- 200g Co-op self-raising flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 Co-op British free range eggs
- 175ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Co-op Fairtrade bananas
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 20g Co-op sweet popcorn
- 6 scoops Co-op vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 120°C/fan 100°C/Gas ½. Mix together the flour, cinnamon and baking powder. Crack in the eggs and whisk, then gradually add the milk, whisking until you have a smooth, thick batter.
- Heat 2 tsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Add a sixth of the batter and use the back of a spoon to spread it into a pancake about 13cm wide.
- Fry for around 90 seconds, until golden on the bottom and bubbling on the surface. Flip over and fry for 1-2 more mins, until cooked through. Keep warm on a baking tray in the oven while you fry the rest, adding a little more oil to the pan as needed.
- Thinly slice the banana and fry for 1 minute on each side until golden. Pour over half the maple syrup and cook for another minute, turning, until caramelised.
- To serve, stack the pancakes on a plate, drizzling each with maple syrup and layering with the banana and popcorn as you go. Drizzle over a bit more syrup and serve with vanilla ice cream, if you like.
Go crazy and add in your favourite extras; choc chips, marshmallows, chocolate sauce or cheesecake!
With your NUS extra discount, you’ll get 10% off all these ingredients at Co-op!