Get meal inspiration from Co-op, with these simply delicious dishes packed with great quality ingredients. The best bit is, each recipe will feed you and a mate for less than £3!
You’ll even get 10% off your shopping bill with your NUS extra.
Walnut, pear & pesto penne (V)
SERVES 2 READY IN 20 MINS ENERGY 3093 KJ / 740 KCAL
- 150g Co-op wholewheat penne
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g Co-op British leeks, sliced
- 150g Co-op frozen peas
- 1 small Co-op British pear, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp Co-op pesto
- 150ml Co-op reduced fat crème fraîche
- 25g walnuts, chopped
Cook the penne according to the pack instructions.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the leek for 5 mins, until beginning to soften. Add the peas, pear and pesto and stir. Cover the pan and cook for 5 mins more.
Remove half the cooked mixture and stir with the crème fraîche. Season to taste.
Drain the pasta and toss with the blended crème fraîche until well combined. Divide between 2 bowls and top with the reserved pea and leek mixture. Serve sprinkled with the walnuts.
Spicy bacon risotto
SERVES 2 READY IN 30 MINS ENERGY 2351 KJ / 559 KCAL
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 200g Co-op British leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tsp Co-op chilli paste
- 180g risotto rice
- 500ml vegetable stock, made using one stock cube
- 4 rashers Co-op British smoked rindless streaky bacon
- 200g tomatoes, finely diced
- 30g Co-op reduced fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the leek, chilli and rice and cook for 2 mins. Add 100ml of the stock and stir until it’s absorbed. Repeat with the rest of the stock, 100ml at a time.
Meanwhile, grill the bacon for 5 mins per side until crispy. Leave to cool, then chop into small pieces.
Add the tomatoes, bacon and soft cheese to the pan as you add the last of the stock. Stir well and cook for a further 5 mins. The risotto is ready when the rice is just tender.
Lentil & sweet potato soup (V)
SERVES 2 READY IN 30 MINS ENERGY 1555 KJ / 367 KCAL
- 100g Co-op dried red lentils
- 350g sweet potato, diced
- 1 Co-op British carrot, diced
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 800ml vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 30ml Co-op reduced fat crème fraîche
Rinse the lentils and put in a large pan with the sweet potato, carrot, orange zest and juice, and stock.
Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally, until the veg and lentils are tender. Blend, return to the pan and heat through.
Toast the cumin seeds in a dry pan for 1 minute. Serve the soup topped with a dollop of crème fraîche and the toasted cumin seeds.